Skip to content Skip to footer

Baylor football players launch the Waco NIL Club

Photo credit: Baylor Athletics

Baylor football players are the latest to join the NIL landscape.

On Wednesday, football players from the university announced that they would form the Waco NIL Club, which will be a new opportunity for fans to support the Bears.

Fans can join this membership-based community by making a monthly financial commitment. There is a $5 per month minimum, but there is no maximum amount. According to the Waco NIL Club’s website, fans can contribute to this community that will “financially support 75+ Baylor football players and join the ultimate fan experience.”

As of Thursday evening, 96 active members have donated $1,432.

The membership will include an online chatroom, digital events with players and access to player-generated content. The Waco NIL Club is powered by YOKE, which provides assistance with tax and compliance, website development, message board moderation, marketing, and analytics.

YOKE currently has an 18% platform fee. Players would receive equal shares of the remaining 82% of the club’s revenue. YOKE also runs other team-related collectives, including Arkansas, Auburn, Kansas State, and Michigan State, among others.

In late July, Baylor also announced its partnership with Opendorse to form the Baylor Bears NIL Marketplace. Baylor student-athletes will also be able to build online profiles, highlight their social media account, and share their interest in companies that they would potentially like to partner with.